This webinar will discuss how polycarbonate diols are used for a wide range of polyurethane-based coating, elastomer & adhesive formulations, providing an extreme durability and a high performance to the final polymer. These polyols offer customizable possibilities for superior & long-term retention of designed performances, with no modification of initial properties after being exposed to harsh environments.
- October 11, 2016 10:00-11:30 am (EST)
- Members of CPI - $199.00
- Non-members - $249.00
CPI Members get $50 off during checkout.
Joint ACC/CPI members will see the $50 savings automatically in your cart.
Urethane chemists, formulators and chemical engineers.
- Learn how to improve the durability of polyurethane coatings, elastomers & adhesives by polycarbonate diols in harsh environments.
- Formulate the right polyurethane that can resist to extreme environmental conditions such as high & low temperatures, humidity, stain and chemical aggressions while ensuring long-term high performance is a challenge.
- To educate participants about polycarbonate diols and how including them in their polyurethane formulation for coatings, elastomers & adhesives.
Length of Course:
- The course is a 90 minute webinar.
- Chemical structure
- Benefits compared with polyether diols and polyester polyols
- Potential applications
Characterization techniques and higher performance provided by polycarbonate diols
Manuel Colera, Ph.D; Business Development Manager; UBE America, Inc.
Dr. Colera obtained his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from University of Valencia (Spain). After finishing this degree, his career was focused on developing industrial biodegradable polymers.
After joining UBE in 2008, he mainly worked in R&D for Polycarbonate Diols, developing an extensive variety of new applications of ETERNACOLL® Polycarbonate Diols in high-performance polyurethanes market, as well as other UBE products, such as electrolytes, polyamides and polyimides.
Currently, he holds the position of “Business Development Manager” of Fine Chemicals Business Unit at UBE America, Inc. for marketing activities and the development of new projects with other companies in USA and Canada.
For more information, please contact Lee Salamone, (202) 249-6604, Lee_Salamone@americanchemistry.com
Disclaimer: All information and technical advice is given without warranty or guarantee and is subject to change without notice. The manner in which you use and the purpose to which you put and utilize our advice and information are beyond our control. Therefore, it is imperative that you conduct your own analysis to determine whether the technical advice and information are suitable for your intended uses and applications.